Once in a while our server suffers tons of requests from doubtful sources. I call this abusing our site.
These are probably bots that scrap the content of our page in order to gather certain information (who knows, airports coordinates, ICAO identifiers, weather information…)
Everyone understands that placing all that load on our server affects its performance, hurting the quality of the service we provide (for free).
While we are eager to cooperate Continue reading “Meteo·Mobile account under scrutiny” »
When a users visits Meteo·Mobile, we request these cookies (where your settings are) to act accordingly (know your favorite airports and other settings).
But this method has one drawback. When(If) you ever delete your cookies, we no longer know who you are, and then:
- Alerts that you may have configured become uneditable by you on that PC.
- We cannot query past history to calculate which airports you requested the most…
Now, if you registered your e-mail address, we can merge all of that information in your current user.
To do that, all you need to do is:
- Make sure you have your (right) email address configured at each PC from which you visit Meteo·Mobile (Set your preferences)
- One you have done that, you’ll be shown our welcome page with a summary of your registration information.
- If we find a previous registration linked to your e-mail address, this page will offer the chance to merge those accounts.
- To check that all of those accounts belong to you, the merge process relies on your e-mail. So if you decide to merge the accounts you will be sent an email with more instructions.
Please be patient to receive your email, if you run the merge process more than once, you’ll get more than one mail, and won’t know which one is the right one.
- From each PC (or smartphone) that you use, access that same email and click on the link sent to you.
- Voilà! You’re done.
After this short process, your alerts and favorites will be the same in each PC from which you clicked on the linke sent to you through the email.
Let us know if you run into any problem (you and comment on this post, or send us an email to: meteomobile <at> aviador.es )
And… keep visiting!
Starting today, we are conducting a test for an undetermined amount of time: Meteo·Mobile won’t show advertising to registered users. Another good reason to register, isn’t it?review smartphone android
We want to see if advertising is enough of a burden for users to register, this is the main reason for this experiment.
You need to know that we’ve never spammed our registered users. Actually, so far we’ve only used users email to apologize for our mistakes.
There is a little caveat for those pre-registered users. They need to re-register. Actually all they need to do is go to the registration page (where they’ll find their previous registration info) and hit the ‘submit’ button.