I’ve completely redesigned the way geolocation is coded throughout Meteo·Mobile.
A lot is going on lately with all the location-based services with mobile phones (specially with high-end smartphones like Android, iPhone, Blackberry,…)
Technology is moving very fast and it is not always easy to content everyone. Continue reading “Better location-based aviation weather” »
When a users visits Meteo·Mobile, we request these cookies (where your settings are) to act accordingly (know your favorite airports and other settings).
But this method has one drawback. When(If) you ever delete your cookies, we no longer know who you are, and then:
- Alerts that you may have configured become uneditable by you on that PC.
- We cannot query past history to calculate which airports you requested the most…
Now, if you registered your e-mail address, we can merge all of that information in your current user.
To do that, all you need to do is:
- Make sure you have your (right) email address configured at each PC from which you visit Meteo·Mobile (Set your preferences)
- One you have done that, you’ll be shown our welcome page with a summary of your registration information.
- If we find a previous registration linked to your e-mail address, this page will offer the chance to merge those accounts.
- To check that all of those accounts belong to you, the merge process relies on your e-mail. So if you decide to merge the accounts you will be sent an email with more instructions.
Please be patient to receive your email, if you run the merge process more than once, you’ll get more than one mail, and won’t know which one is the right one.
- From each PC (or smartphone) that you use, access that same email and click on the link sent to you.
- Voilà! You’re done.
After this short process, your alerts and favorites will be the same in each PC from which you clicked on the linke sent to you through the email.
Let us know if you run into any problem (you and comment on this post, or send us an email to: meteomobile <at> aviador.es )
And… keep visiting!
We’ve added a new bar throughout the whole Meteo·Mobile site to help you navigate the thousands of weather pages.
You’ll see it below the logo and Facebook “like” button, in this case in a Metar request for Mountain View (KNUQ):
Here is another example, when searching for an airport…
I hope this helps you better understand where is the weather information you are looking for during your flight planning.