I’ve just included another parameter for you to configure your Metar Alerts: Crosswind.
The crosswind considered at the computation is that at the runway with least crosswind, if there is more than one runway.
You can see how to configure this new alert parameter in the original Metar Alerts post.
I really hope you enjoy getting an email whenever the crosswind at our favorite airport goes above your personal limit. Let me know how you use it!
The users of Metar Alerts know that whenever one alert is triggered, they get an email with a title such as…
Meteo·Mobile Alert for KJFK on 2011-11-15 14:30:00
I can configure many alerts for the same field. So when I receive an email, I wonder why that particular alert launched. Of course I can just open the email and read its contents, but…
With the new metar alert title, that won’t happen anymore. Now you can title your alerts, like …
Continue reading “New: Metar Alert Titles” »
When a users visits Meteo·Mobile, we request these cookies (where your settings are) to act accordingly (know your favorite airports and other settings).
But this method has one drawback. When(If) you ever delete your cookies, we no longer know who you are, and then:
- Alerts that you may have configured become uneditable by you on that PC.
- We cannot query past history to calculate which airports you requested the most…
Now, if you registered your e-mail address, we can merge all of that information in your current user.
To do that, all you need to do is:
- Make sure you have your (right) email address configured at each PC from which you visit Meteo·Mobile (Set your preferences)
- One you have done that, you’ll be shown our welcome page with a summary of your registration information.
- If we find a previous registration linked to your e-mail address, this page will offer the chance to merge those accounts.
- To check that all of those accounts belong to you, the merge process relies on your e-mail. So if you decide to merge the accounts you will be sent an email with more instructions.
Please be patient to receive your email, if you run the merge process more than once, you’ll get more than one mail, and won’t know which one is the right one.
- From each PC (or smartphone) that you use, access that same email and click on the link sent to you.
- Voilà! You’re done.
After this short process, your alerts and favorites will be the same in each PC from which you clicked on the linke sent to you through the email.
Let us know if you run into any problem (you and comment on this post, or send us an email to: meteomobile <at> aviador.es )
And… keep visiting!